*Update on Covid-19 precautions for the AVETH GA – also, at the end of this article.
The next AVETH general assembly will take place on Thursday, March 12, from 18:00 in the restaurant Bellavista (Campus Hönggerberg). We will present a few reports of our activities in 2019 and give an outlook for 2020. The new board of AVETH and all commission representatives will then be elected. We will also discuss and vote on the proposals listed in the agenda. The complete agenda and relevant documents are available on polybox. All members of the scientific staff are welcome to participate in the general assembly and the apéro later.
When: 12 March 2020, 18:00 – 20:00
Where: Restaurant Bellavista, Campus Hönggerberg
Questions? Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We will present a few reports of our activities in 2019 and give an outlook for 2020. The new board of AVETH and all commission representatives will then be elected. After the general assembly, we invite you to a nice apéro.
The suggested agenda is the following:
- Opening (checking regularity of convocation, appointment of vote counters, approval of agenda)
- Approval of the minutes of the 52nd general assembly of September 17, 2019*
- Reports of the board
- Financial reports 2019 – AVETH and Telejob*
- Discharge of the AVETH board
- Dissolve working group “AVETH anniversary”
- Replacement elections
- Representatives for commissions
- Telejob executive board
- Member Proposal “to fund external networking activities”*
Feel free to contact us with questions before the assembly. All relevant documents (marked with *) are available on polybox:
AVETH is solely run by volunteers and we are constantly looking for new people in all areas. This year we especially need additional support for our postdoc+ and diversity teams.If you would like to take part in AVETH projects and working groups or, perhaps, represent the association in various ETH commissions, feel free to contact us before the assembly (email@example.com).
All members of the scientific staff are welcome to participate. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Martin Roszkowski, President
On behalf of the AVETH board
Covid-19 precautions for the AVETH general assembly
Thank you for participating in the AVETH general assembly. To minimize the risk of infections, we’d like to remind you of some general precautions:
- Don’t shake hands.
- Disinfect your hands at the entrance.
- Keep some distance to the best of your abilities.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or the crook of your arm.
At risk for Covid-19?
- If you are coughing, don’t participate.
- If you have a fever now or had in the past 14 days, don’t participate.
- If you have been to Italy, China, Korea, Japan, Iran or any other area with many known Covid-19 cases in the past 14 days, don’t participate.
Similarly, we suggest that members with compromised health should not participate. The next general assembly will already take place at the beginning of the autumn semester.
As a member, you are entitled to participate in the general assembly. However, these are extraordinary circumstances and we think that the health of our colleagues is more important than the AVETH GA. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about the GA or the precautions.